What You Can Do on Your Consumer Technology Website For SEO
Showing up as one of the first Google search results for consumer technology and other relevant keywords can make or break your business. Think about it… when was the last time you visited the second page of the search results when looking for something online? But to get to the top of search results isn’t easy, it requires SEO.
According to Search Engine Land, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is “the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines. Basically, it’s website visits you don’t pay for directly. But this doesn’t mean that SEO is necessarily free – or easy. SEO has many components, some that you can do on your website, and others that take place on other online properties.
Today, we are sharing a few things you can do to increase your search engine rankings that you can do on your own website.
SEO Basics You Should Implement in Consumer Technology
On-page optimization refers to everything you can do on your website to increase your search results rankings. There are a variety of factors that help search engines crawl your website and determine how relevant your website is to certain keywords. A few of these are:
- Keyword placement – In each website
page and post, you want to make sure you determine what keyword you want to
rank for and place this keyword in these places:
- Title tags – extra points for placing the keyword at the beginning of the title.
- Meta descriptions – this is where you tell search engines what your page is about. Make sure it is informative and clear.
- Alt tags (picture tags) – this is what tells search engines what your image is about.
- Headers – use at least an H1 with your keyword.
- Load time of each page – This is also an important factor with ranking. Loading time is typically associated with the hosting service and the size of the graphics used on the landing page.
Asides from all the technical SEO stuff that we just discussed, one of the most valuable SEO assets is quality content. Content click-through rates influence SEO incredibly, so you want to make sure that you are producing good, original content and publicizing it so people read it. A few content ideas are:
- Blog Posts
Nowadays, social media content also accounts for SEO so you’ll want to make sure that you are providing value to your followers as well.
Stay tuned to our next blog post in which we will discuss SEO-friendly online placements that will help your search engine rankings.