Reminder: Mid-Year Goal Review
There is always a lot of talk about setting goals for the beginning of the calendar year, both personally and professionally. A year is a pretty long time, and a lot can change from January through December. Perhaps you’ve already conquered some of your goals and you’re ready to move on to something more. Or maybe something you’re doing isn’t working to accomplish your established goals.
So as the end of Q2 draws to an end, we hope this serves as reminder to take the opportunity to revisit your goals and see where you are, if you haven’t already. And, if you didn’t set any hard goals in January, it’s never too late.
Here are some tips to help:
Find the goals you set for yourself. If you haven’t written them down, do that now. Typically if not notated somewhere, your goals will fall off your mind and never be accomplished.
2) How are you doing with those goals?
- What difference have these goals made in your business?
- What has fallen off and why?
- Have your current goals had an impact on your business?
3) Develop a plan on how to execute for the remainder of the year.
- What impediments that you didn’t think of while planning may have cropped up?
- How can you revise your strategy to still meet your objective?
- What other actions can you take to keep you on track?
4) Move forward.
Be sure to write everything down so you can return to your notes. Don’t forget to return back to the basics if you’ve strayed: Set reminders for yourself to review, discuss your goals with your team, and keep yourself accountable to your team, a friend, or a group of colleagues.
All in all, good luck and keep trucking. Do you have any other insight in what helps you achieve your goals? Feel free to share.