Remember to Give Back this Holiday Season
The holidays are, for some, not so happy and not so merry. All across the nation there are families in need who approach the holidays with anxiety and apprehension, unable to afford gifts for their children and in some cases, even a holiday meal. As some of our readers know, Marketing Matters has been very involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters. We also help Neighbors 4 Neighbors, where we can. Both are fantastic organizations that support those in need in South Florida. So whether it be these organizations or many of the other great altruistic organizations out there, we hope that you’ll keep others in mind as the holiday season approaches.
So how can you help? There are a number of ways:
- Volunteering your time! Organizations can always use more volunteers.
- Donating food or gift certificates for holiday meals.
- Adopting a family for the holiday season by providing age-appropriate gifts and clothing. You can easily do so by visiting this website.
- Hosting a toy or food drive in your place of business or as part of a holiday block party.
- Making a cash donation to help facilitate the purchase of toys, food, gift cards, or clothing.
- Create a holiday sales special for your customers with a percent of proceeds going directly to the non-profit.
- Participate in some of these organizations’ great fundraisers.
If you want more ideas on how you can help or to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters this holiday season, we urge you to contact us.
Thank you, and have a Happy Holiday Season.