Inexpensive Marketing Tactics for the CEDIA and InfoComm shows
Many CEDIA and InfoComm exhibitors struggle with marketing their AV products at the shows. They often don’t have the budget to do traditional advertising, or they don’t know where to start. Truth be told, the CEDIA and InfoComm trade shows are great opportunities for your AV company to increase brand visibility. The best marketing plan is often the one that’s already in place – but if you don’t have a dedicated CEDIA and InfoComm marketing strategy, it can be challenging to know where to start.
This blog post will provide the most effective marketing tactics for the CEDIA Expo and InfoComm shows that are cheap or free!
- CEDIA and InfoComm event attendees are eager to learn about new products. Consider offering a presentation or free workshop with valuable, relevant content that will entice CEDIA and InfoComm visitors to visit your booth. Sweeten the deal with raffles and prizes for attendees that sign up! Everyone does it because it works.
- Provide CEDIA and InfoComm visitors with a coupon code to use at your booth. Visitors can enter the code when they make an online purchase, which will offer them exclusive discounts or freebies. This is especially beneficial if you have a new product in development that won’t be available until after the show.
- Develop a dedicated landing page to promote your CEDIA and InfoComm booth. You can find some event appropriate templates online or use a free CMS like WordPress to create one from scratch. Don’t know how to do this? Your savvy marketing agency can help 😉
- Encourage CEDIA/InfoComm visitors to provide their contact information in exchange for something of value: an exclusive discount code, white paper download, or other piece of content that they are interested in. Make it about them, not about what you want to promote, and you’ll see increased engagement.
- Go social! Your followers might not have been able to make it to the shows but that doesn’t mean that you can give them an insider’s viewpoint. You can also think of this as an opportunity to get new followers by engaging with event visitors. They are on social media also and will appreciate the behind-the-scenes experience. Create CEDIA/InfoComm content that’s interesting to your followers and share it using a CTA button (i.e., “Visit our booth”) or other call to action near the end of posts so they know you’re there and what you want them to do.
Exhibiting at the CEDIA and InfoComm shows is a great strategy for residential and commercial AV manufacturers looking to sell their products. It’s a great way to make contacts, generate leads, educate the public and show off your best new designs. Make sure you make the best of it this year.