Great Work is its Own Reward
As we enter the last few weeks of 2012, Marketing Matters is proud to have been honored by the 2012 MarCom Awards with four new wins for the year. Each representative of a unique campaign category, the recognition is a tribute to outstanding creative achievements in marketing awarded on behalf of the following client marketing projects:
- RoseWater Energy Group, a provider of next-generation energy storage products, won a Gold award in the business-to-business brochure category for print marketing highlighting the company’s Residential Energy Storage Hub, which debuted at CEDIA EXPO 2012.
- Leisure Creations, a leading manufacturer of beautiful, durable pool and resort furniture, won a Gold award for the company’s 2012 product catalog.
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors, a South Florida non-profit organization promoting community advocacy, won an honorable mention for a volunteer project website portal termed “Helping Feels Good.”
- The 2012 MarCom awards also encouraged organizations to enter pro bono philanthropic projects for consideration in a special category, which resulted in Marketing Matters’ donated marketing and design efforts for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Broward County winning an honorable mention as well. The “Keep a Kid in School” mailing campaign focused on raising awareness to prevent the academic failure of South Florida youth in support of the mentoring organization.
MarCom selected the winning 2012 projects from over 6,000 entries, including media conglomerates and Fortune 500 companies. We congratulate our clients and thank them for the opportunity to collaborate with them on some excellent concepts. This adds to the other industry recognition awarded to Marketing Matters and our clients for a total of nine awards for this year alone.
More importantly, however, this season reminds us what is most significant about the business of marketing and public relations. The awards and acknowledgments are secondary to the relationships. We frequently remind ourselves that great work is its own reward because we get to do some incredible, creative things in the name of what others call “work”.
We are thankful for:
- the many clients who trust Marketing Matters with their brands and business futures;
- the latitude to work creatively on many of the best products and services in their respective industries;
- strong relationships with some of the best printers, designers and coders around;
- the pattern of growth in the consumer electronics and pro AV industries that has enabled many of our clients to prosper;
- the growth in popularity of mobile and digital tools that enable our creative campaigns to live on with increased productivity and admirable profit results;
- data, numbers, stats, pie charts, bar graphs and the multitude of methods that allow Marketing Matters to be strategic with our opinions and recommendations;
- the trade shows, launches and campaigns that made 2012 a banner year;
- the frequent bouts of inspiration that turn Marketing Matters’ unique brainstorming sessions into profitable new ideas for our partners;
- the continuation of supportive and collaborative relationships with the best media outlets and trade publications;
- and so much more.
Thank you to all of our friends and supporters and happy Thanksgiving.
Eric Lachs is the Marketing and Public Relations Manager at Marketing Matters (www.marketingmatters.net), a communications and design firm specializing in technology, consumer and custom electronics, audio-video and related industries.